NACD Announces Five New Directors
August 24, 2018 PHILADELPHIA, PA – The National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) Philadelphia Chapter announces the addition of five highly regarded leaders to its Board of Directors. Nominating and Governance Committee Chairman Alan J. Kaplan of Kaplan Partners stated, “Our Nominating and Governance Committee explored many quality prospective board members, and worked long and hard to identify this diverse group of talented leaders. The collective experiences of these new board members span public companies, private businesses, not-for-profit organizations, institutional investors, the public sector and private-equity controlled firms. This group will contribute mightily to the ongoing success of the NACD Philadelphia Chapter.”
The new Board Members include:
• Glenn Booraem, Principal and Investment Stewardship Officer, The Vanguard Group, Inc.
• James P. Dunigan, President, The Union League of Philadelphia; Director, Provident Financial Services, Inc. and Provident Bank, Economy League of Philadelphia
• Hon. Timothy A. Reese, Managing Director, Investment Banking, Quoin Capital, LLC; Director, PA Public School Employees’ Retirement System, Farol Asset Management; Former Treasurer, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
• Patricia D. Wellenbach, President and CEO, Please Touch Museum; Director, StoneMor Partners L.P., Thomas Jefferson University
• Arlene Yocum, Director, AK Steel Holding Corporation; Former Executive Vice President and Managing Executive of Client Service, PNC Wealth Management
Chapter President and Acting Chairman Howard Brownstein added, “I look forward to leading the Chapter with the strong support of our talented board members. We will endeavor to continue to provide world-class programming and governance resources to the local director community. The addition of these five highly respected leaders will help to further grow the NACD Philadelphia Chapter and its impact throughout our region.”
The NACD Philadelphia Chapter serves NACD members throughout the Philadelphia region and greater Delaware Valley. To learn more about upcoming chapter programs, visit https://philadelphia.nacdonline.org/Events/ or contact Cassandra Brown, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) empowers more than 19,000 directors to lead with confidence in the boardroom. As the recognized authority on leading boardroom practices, NACD helps boards strengthen investor trust and public confidence by ensuring that today’s directors are well prepared for tomorrow’s challenges. World-class boards join NACD to elevate performance, gain foresight, and instill confidence. Fostering collaboration among directors, investors, and corporate governance stakeholders, NACD has been setting the standard for board leadership for more than 40 years. To learn more about NACD, visit www.NACDonline.org.